Christmas is just around the corner and I’m feeling Christmassy, finally! I was looking forward to Christmas so much all of October and the beginning of November, but then I spent two weeks in California and all my Christmas feelings just vanished… But now, they’re finally back and now I want YOU to get into the Christmas spirit as well!
So, here comes a blog post entirely dedicated to Christmas and how to get into the Christmas spirit! Christmassy photos found on Pinterest, Christmas songs to listen to, Christmas movies to watch, Christmassy things to do – you name it! Read and become Christmas crazy, you can thank me later 🎄
Christmassy things to do
- Bake gingerbread cookies, together or with family & friends.
- Listen to Christmas songs non-stop (scroll down for some of my faves!).
- Scroll through Christmassy images on Pinterest, f.ex. my Christmas board.
- Go on a weekend getaway to some city where you know that they have a lot of Christmas lights and markets. Tallinn and Copenhagen are two good examples of those close to Finland, but I also know that London is amazing during Christmas as I spent 5 days there last December (see my London-posts here).
- Watch Christmas movies, preferably one each night (scroll down for some of my faves!).
- Drink glögg (a.k.a. mulled wine) and eat the gingerbread cookies that you baked before.
- Go through your Christmas photos from the last couple of years and get reminded about how cozy and wonderful Christmas is.
- Christmas decorate! If you haven’t already – put up the Christmas tree and decorate it as Christmassy and sparkly as possible.
The best Christmas songs, ever
- All I want for Christmas is you – Mariah Carey
- Rockin’ around the Christmas tree – Brenda Lee
- Jingle Bell Rock – Bobby Helms
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year – Andy Williams
- Last Christmas – Wham!
- Let it snow let it snow let it snow – Frank Sinatra
- Underneath the tree – Kelly Clarkson
- Have yourself a merry little Christmas – Sam Smith
- Christmas lights – Coldplay
- Candy cane lane – Sia
- Happy Xmas (War is over) – John Lennon & co.
- Fairytale of New York – The Pogues
- O holy night – Mariah Carey
- I’ll be home – Meghan Trainor
- Do they know it’s Christmas – Band Aid
The BEST Christmas movies
- The Holiday
- Home alone 1, 2 and 3
- The Christmas Chronicles
- Last Christmas
- Jingle all the way
- National Lampoon’s Christmas vacation
- Holiday in the wild
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s stone
That’s it for me! I hope you’re feeling a bit more into the Christmas spirit. And if you still need a bit more Christmas inspiration, you can always check out my old Christmas-posts here. Merry Xmas! ♥